Saturday, May 6, 2017

Sunflowers for Spring

Hi! It's Carolyn from Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together.  We need a little sunshine here in Upstate NY, so I thought today I would share some sunflower ideas for the end of the year.

As my sweet class is getting ready to think ahead to first grade, I like to plant sunflower seeds with them.  We talk about the fact that when their flower is grown and blooming, they will be ready for first grade and a brand new year of school.


This is a cute story we read to go along with our planting. 
Image result for the sunflower that went flop




I wrote this poem to go along with their plantings.  Feel free to use it if you'd like to!


I could read and reread this book. It's beautifully written and so sweet.  Every time I read it, I find another little gem and detail in the book.  It takes you to such a wonderful, peaceful place. When my children were little, we did lots of the activities in this book. 



Sunflower House is another sweet book that gives children other fun ideas for planting at their own house!

Plants are magical for children of any age.  When you can combine activities with planting, it's just a bonus. 

Wishing you all a fun, sunny spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...