Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stop and Work Folders with Freebies!

It's Jen from Simply Kinder again!

One of my biggest pet peeves is losing the focus of my class.  The phone rings, a barfing child, or an element to a lesson that is still in the cabinet are all normal events for any classroom!  But how do I make that time to where the kids are busy?  How do I keep them busy when I HAVE to be busy with something else?

STOP and WORK folders!  These are fun little folder I put together every year for my kids that keep them busy!  I preload folders with 10 sheet protectors (because they are dry erase) and throughout the year I change what goes in and out of them!  So the kids can always just grab their folder and get to work!

I print the covers on Avery Labels (5160 and just a full sheet is what I prefer) because I have found if you glue the items come off.  Click here to get the stop sign from my Simply Kinder Random Freebie File on TpT!

In the folders I put any number of things!  Basically whatever we are working on I can put a copy in the folder so the kids have a version to practice.  Right now here are a few things that are in the folder:




(Stop by my blog to see how to use these pages in different ways!)

I also have letter tracing pages, number writing pages, a ten frame, and so much more!  I literally just take worksheets that the kids need to practice and have the kids place them in the folder.  Lower students could have shape tracing, line practice, and much, much, more!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Premium Wordpress Themes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i use something similar..I call them Enrichment Folders. They are purple, so we call them "purple folders" lol...This is a folder with all types of literacy activities. Everyone starts with the same one. The kids take off from there...as time goes by I see who is not progressing and those who are. It also works as a transitional piece, from one activity to the next. When I need a minute to take attendance etc....they automatically get their folders and work. This is my version of differentiation because everyone is on their appropriate level. I challenge students who r on a higher level. No child knows what the levels are so their is no competition or ridicule as to what level u r.
    I have taught Kindergarten for 24 years and this is my best tool!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...